As for us humans also for our friends the food ritual is a very important moment in the day. This moment often represents a point of contact, a way to create a relationship, to strengthen the empathy between the couple. The best dog food for large breeds for your pet, try it.
Food education: What it is and why to implement it.
It represents one of the fundamental pieces for the construction of a virtuous relationship, an important moment of contact helps us to improve our empathy with our friend Pelosetto. The goal is to teach our friend a little “canine bon ton”.
To do this, there are some small steps to take and some rules to implement:
- Making meal time unique, to do this the bowl must represent an important object, of great interest for our Fido.
- to get to this first step we could present the bowl 2-3 times a day, for a limited period of time (10-15 min),
- The dog will associate the presence of the bowl with a rare and short-lived moment, after that moment, disappears and will be presented at the next meal.
- By constantly acting in this way we reinforce the belief that this moment is rare and does not present itself easily, so once proposed it will hardly give up.
- We can make him wait and/or sit before the meal, and give us the “go to the bowl” in this way we will train Fido’s self-controls (ability to know how to wait), which will extend the skills at different times of the day and his life.
- To credit the bowl it is necessary to put it away at the end of each meal (10-15 min max) by presenting it at the next meal.
Qualitative characteristics of the food.
It is of fundamental importance to focus on the quality of the product we administer. We start from the assumption that the dog is classified as an opportunistic carnivore and therefore will be able to digest mainly proteins of animal origin, encountering some difficulties in the digestion of carbohydrates (bread and pasta in particular). Therefore products with a high percentage of grain should be avoided.
The PetFood food industry in recent years has made great strides and this is reflected in the variety of the offer. There are products aimed at every stage of life of our Fido.
Feed for puppies (“Puppy and Junior”) accompany the subject from weaning up to the first year of age, have high protein and mineral percentages such as iron, calcium, and phosphorus, in order to guarantee correct neuronal development and skeletal muscle.
On completion of the first year of age, Maintenance (“Adult”) guarantees the subject a healthy and balanced diet to be given in adulthood (up to about 7-8 years), it allows to perform in full health every type of activity with consequent high standards of well-being and quality of life.
And for our elders?
The senile period is a delicate period, as for us humans the metabolism slows down, we tend to be less proactive to activities and in general lazier. Foods with reduced protein and fat content (“Mature & Senior”), lightening the functions of the gastrointestinal tract favor the metabolic needs of the elderly dog helping him to prevent pathologies, guaranteeing high standards of well-being and longevity.
Even for our beloved little dogs, there may be small incidents, and over time they can meet various pathologies.
Dietary foods help those dogs suffering from chronic or acute pathologies, they act as co-therapies (therapies to support traditional therapies) helping to speed up the course of various diseases including kidney failure, liver problems, urinary tract, obesity, gastrointestinal problems and much more.
Respecting a correct diet education paying attention to the quality of the products we give to our Fido, guarantees high standards of well-being to our friend, as well as better health and psychophysical condition…. Besides, we are what we eat!